Thread: Vitamin B12 & Folic Acid May Help Reverse Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - 4 foods

Default Vitamin B12 & Folic Acid May Help Reverse Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - 4 foods

Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid May Help Reverse Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, New Research Suggests—Here Are 4 Foods That Deliver Both

Karla Walsh & Maria Laura Haddad-Garcia
    August 09, 2022
    [Submitted by Julieanne]

Despite what those Instagram ads or juice companies might lead you to believe, a healthy liver does a beautiful job of "cleansing" and "detoxing" itself.
    That said, a surprising number—about 25% of U.S. adults, per the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases—actually have a condition in which their liver's function is impacted due to excess fat accumulation within it. Speaking of liver function, by the way, the liver aids in everything from breaking down the food we eat to converting extra blood sugar into glycogen (stored energy) we can use later and regulating blood levels of amino acids (protein building blocks) to clearing the blood of drugs and other poisonous things, according to experts at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Read more: https://www.eatingwell.com/article/7...-new-research/
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Vitamin B12 & Folic Acid May Help Reverse Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - 4 fo

This article recommends Atlantic salmon as one source of vitamin B 12. I'm not aware of any salmon from Atlantic farms that are not raised on GMO food and consequently, despite my living on the Maine coast, I don't touch Atlantic salmon. There are plenty of wild Pacific salmon available.
    Last edited by Islander; 08-22-22 at 03:12 PM.

Default Re: Vitamin B12 & Folic Acid May Help Reverse Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - 4 fo

Article title: "Vitamin B12 & Folic Acid May Help Reverse Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease" Don't forget Aussie Vegemite, https://www.naturaltherapypages.com....e-good-for-you Especially paragraph subtitle: "Nutritional content of vegemite."

I have never shaken hands with Vegemite, I admit, but there is a small jar of Marmite in my cupboard from which I take a heavenly teaspoonful now and then... Just to remind myself that I paid good money for that little gooey jar and I am going to get my money's worth. Someday.
    I think if you were to take a poll of either of these delicacies, you would find very little enthusiasm for them on this side of the Atlantic. It's what they call an acquired taste.

There are dozens of comments on Americans experience with Vegemite when visiting Australia.
    Most of them make the mistake of smothering it on like Nutella. Far too strong and salty. Lots of butter and a thin smear of Vegemite - delicious! It's really nice with mashed avocado on toast, instead of salt.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 08-19-22 at 08:12 AM.

About 20 months ago, since I could not find vegemite in any grocery stores and health food co-ops in sw NM, I mail ordered 3, 220gr jars from World Market (WM) in Virginia (VA). Having been cautious about over smearing it, it worked out very well on my morning toast. When the vegemite supply was running low, I did some more online research only to find out that my previous mail order source in VA was one of many "brick 'n mortar" WM stores throughout the U.S. That prompted another check of southern NM grocery stores again, but to no avail, although there was a WM 3 hours away in El Paso, TX., the same I10 distance to Tucson, AZ.

And in Tucson, there is not one, but 2 WMs, so a visit there was easily planned, since a doctor's appt had already been scheduled with my vascular surgeon for an annual, periodic, follow-up ultrasound exam from my 5/2019 transcoratid artery revascularization (TCAR) procedure. And I also stopped there at the same time to periodically donate blood at Red Cross. Since vegemite was/is so hard to find, I purchased a whole case of 12 small 220 gr jars to last a whole year until my next Tucson doctor visit in 2022. As it eventually turned out, I only used 6 of those vegemite jars in a one year period, so on my next 2022 Tucson visit, I purchased only a couple jars just to make sure the vegemite supply lasts until the next 2023 visit. And at the time in 2021, a case of 12, 220gr jars of Vegemite was ~$108.00 USD, and the 2022 purchase was a bit more as I recall. WM does not make a bulk purchase discount, but it's much less $$$ OTC than mail order. Unlike Marmite, Vegemite is not adulterated with sugar, etc., and touts all natural ingredients. And my disabled SIL next door, enjoys vegemite as well.
    Last edited by grulla; 09-03-22 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    There are dozens of comments on Americans experience with Vegemite when visiting Australia. ...Far too strong and salty. ...
    I recall previously that according to Vegemite's past ingredients list, that "saltiness" was the result of potassium chloride, not sodium chloride. Now the ingredient list on the labels just says "salt". I find that a bit disappointing. PS: I stand corrected, I took yet another look at the ingredients list, and potassium chloride is still on it, aka, flavour enhancer. These Vegemite ingredient lists can vary somewhat for the same product: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U04eZ4FRN...ngredients.jpg
    Last edited by grulla; 08-25-22 at 11:36 AM.

Thread Information