Thread: How To Make Healthy Eating Easy

Thumbs up How To Make Healthy Eating Easy

contact@talentedcook.com
    Sep 8, 2022

We all know the sayingEat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a beggar“. But is there any verity behind this?

Healthy Eating:

A modest dinner makes sense when we think about our circadian harmony. the 24-hour body timer that aids us defines what time it is. It receives illumination from the eyes and tells us what time we should wake up, and when we ought to go to bed. As well it tells us the perfect time to stomach eating is during the day.
    Notwithstanding dinner tends to be our principal meal and we feed almost half our quotidian calories in the evening.
    The Impact of Eating in the evening:

When we eat all night, we burn less grease. It`s still ambiguous why, however, it may have something to do with how well fat is imbibing and transferred from our intestine day and night.
    Our corpus also finds it more complex to process carbohydrates in the evening. This could be due to lower insulin sensitivity at night. This is specifically proper for the 20% of the workforce who are night shift laborers and feed when they are meant to be sleeping.
    Keep reading in: https://talentedcook.com/how-you-eat...-what-you-eat/
    Last edited by Islander; 10-02-22 at 11:10 AM.

Default Re: How To Make Healthy Eating Easy

Quote Originally Posted by jojiji View Post
    We all know the sayingEat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a beggar“. ....
    Ah hah, that is a quote from the late nutritionist, Adele Davis, that I responded to in a recent HH thread from forum member moderator, "Julieanne". https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...hlight=fasting post #3. I have usually eaten that way in recent years, but about 8-9 years ago, I gave up being a "beggar" and tossed the late day snack, and now resort only to intermittent fasting (IF) in less than an 8 hour eating window, with breakfast at 5PM and noon time dinner, the last meal of the day for me, and go to bed early with a 6-8 hour well digested stomach. I also lost some weight as well.
    Last edited by grulla; 09-28-22 at 12:58 PM.

This works for me. If I fail to eat dinner several hours prior to my bedtime, or if I eat too much food at any one meal, I will not sleep well. I do remember reading the Adele Davis books many years ago, and evidently I have remembered something from what I had learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurya View Post
    ..... I do remember reading the Adele Davis books many years ago, and evidently I have remembered something from what I had learned.
    My only Adele Davis book is "Let's Cook it Right" that it is said was inspired by Weston A. Price, which I purchased paper-back in the early 70s, and still have it well preserved. I have always practiced her 24 hour slow roasting procedure for the past ~50 years for roast beef, leg of lamb, pork roasts, and WHOLE poultry, that I posted about here on HH 8 years ago. https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...ighlight=Adele
    Last edited by grulla; 10-04-22 at 09:59 AM.

Hi Jojiji, and welcome to HH! Please go to New Members' Area in the main form and start a new thread to introduce yourself! Where are you from? Are you on any special diet routine? Do you have health concerns? Help us get to know more about you!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I have to chuckle at the dialect differences when it comes to the timing of our meals, because there is a definite difference. We in Northern New England think of meal times in terms of breakfast, dinner and supper. Because this is the geographical area first settled by immigrant European farmers, the heaviest work was done all day long, which required an adequate meal to start the day and an equally full meal at noon to fuel the afternoon's work. Because nothing much happens after the last meal of the day except sleep, that final meal is a light supper. Of course when I speak or write to a wider audience I refer to the evening meal as dinner, but it still makes no logical sense to me and when conversing with locals, it's breakfast dinner supper.

I'm not sure who submitted this, but here's an article with very similar studies to the one in this thread. It's pretty comprehensive and I think the findings are significant. An easy read, too.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...th-study-shows

Thread Information