Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York City Banned Gas in New Buildings. Here’s What You Need to Know

Default Re: New York City Banned Gas in New Buildings. Here’s What You Need to Know

Grulla., you make it sound so simple: just replace this with that, and if you like that, go ahead and get a better one. Sadly, not all of us are in a position to do that. Believe me, I'm not crying poormouth, I'm sketching reality for you. My Social Security pension is $400 below the national average, and out of that must come all my living expenses, including a dog on lifetime medication that is costing me almost $200 a month. Since the start of COVID-19 I no longer have the supplemental income from pigs and chickens to augment my little pension. I get by only because I grow my own food to the extent that I can, and then can it or freeze it or otherwise preserve it so that all I take home from the supermarket is cheese, yogurt, pet food and toilet paper. When the bills come due for this site in a couple of months, I doubt there'll be enough to cover the costs. That's the reality.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: New York City Banned Gas in New Buildings. Here’s What You Need to Know

"Islander", some of these portable, free standing, counter top induction cookers (IC) are dirt cheap. Here's one on Amazon for $50.00 USD. https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Functio...14792952&psc=1
    I would have posted this sooner, but am reluctant to violate the HH "prime directive", no spam. What better way to get used to using ICs, before possibly deciding on a full IC kitchen range. Or, of course, one has the option to simply stick with the basic IC counter top model permanently. And there are many more cheap single ICs available online.
    Last edited by grulla; 10-25-22 at 05:16 PM.

A friend of mine bought a $50 one and uses it for making jam. I think he said it was easier to control than gas or electric. He was very satisfied with it.

Grulla, you still don't understand. I don't have $50 to spare, far less "possibly deciding on a full IC kitchen range." Clearly you have no idea what it's like to live from month to month. There are several hundred readers here at any given time of day and your comments may well apply to one of them, but they have nothing to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by grulla View Post
    Actually, we need to bury as much powerlines as possible to increase reliability and with much less electro-magnetic field (EMF) exposure, (think Leukemia) . And converting alternate current (AC) powerlines to direct current (DC) powerlines where ever cost effective, whether aerial or burial, is yet another option, and with both buried for less EMF exposure. https://oca.dc.gov/page/dcplug ~~~ https://energycentral.com/c/ec/ac-vs...lectrical-grid
    Furthermore, if petroleum pipeline companies can bury their pipes, (as well as long distance fiber optic telecom company cables), certainly the national electric power grid should be able to do the same, especially in places where it is technically feasable due to various topography.
    Last edited by grulla; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:48 AM.

Maine powerlines are all above ground. If they were underground there'd be far less maintenance but unfortunately, Maine is sitting on the remains of a glacier and what's under the earth is solid granite.

Quote Originally Posted by grulla View Post
    Furthermore, if petroleum pipeline companies can bury their pipes, (as well as long distance fiber optic telecom company cables), certainly the national electric power grid should be able to do the same, especially in places where it is technically feasible due to various topography.
    And I might add that utility and petroleum companies are not the only people burying their pipes and cables: https://www.delish.com/food/news/a40...eline-germany/ Sei gesund. https://dictionary.reverso.net/germa...ish/sei+gesund

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information