Thread: Are Commercial Moisturizers Poisoning You?

Default Are Commercial Moisturizers Poisoning You?

Are commercial moisturizers poisoning you?

If you use skin moisturizers, you might be poisoning yourself. According to a new study, these popular products promote skin tumors. But you can have soft, moist skin without the poison.
    Researchers in this study rubbed four different moisturizers into the skin of mice for five days a week for 17 weeks. After applying the moisturizers, the researchers exposed the mice to UV radiation. The products were:
    • Dermabase, which increased the total number of tumors by 69%.
    • Dermovan, which increased the total number of tumors by 95%.
    • Eucerin, which increased the total number of tumors by 24%.
    • Vanicream, which increased the total number of tumors by 58%.

The researchers admitted the findings were a surprise. And no one knows if these moisturizers will do the same to humans. The biochemistry of skin between the two species may be very different. But knowing that some products have done this should cause you to pause and look for safer ways to moisten your skin.

Moisturizers are almost a requirement for millions of people. At high altitudes or in deserts, even my skin gets itchy. I suggest coconut oil or shea butter instead of using commercial creams. Dampen your skin first, and then apply either of these to lock in the water. Both are available at your local health food store.
    Yours for better health and medical freedom,

Robert Jay Rowen, MD
    Ref: WebMD News, 8-14-08.

Last edited by Reesacat; 04-08-09 at 05:51 PM.

Default Re: Are Commercial Moisturizers Poisoning You?

I have had bad reactions to commercial skin moisturizers-they irritate and inflame.....I can see where this could lead to damage and cancer.

I realize this study uses mice and lasts just 17 weeks, but it is thought-provoking.

Aotearoa - Land of erm... sheep and clouds and grumpy volcanoes

That it is... I love just using coconut oil as a moisturiser, but my face skin needs more so I use a safe natural one instead. It is possible to get totally safe moisturisers that smell divine and work wonderfully; the problem is they usually lack the flash advertising that sucks most people in.

I love my MiEssence-it is basically organic food in a form your skin likes

kathiejamisoncote

Since starting to use MiEssence 2 1/2 months ago, the glands under my arms and across my back have stopped aching from the lotions I've slathered on my body for decades.....I am so impressed with these products that I've become a rep for them. Certified Organic to Food Grade - they are superior to anything I've ever used in the 35+ years I've been using skin care. Starting with Bonne Bell in the 70's to becoming a makeup artist, skin care promotional consultant for Lancome when they first arrived in the states. Arbonne was my latest love, but their excessive packaging and non-organic ingredients lead to me MIESSENCE!!!

Plus ONEgroup is 100% wind powered and produce 0 carbon emissions. Ethical, Green and Luscious....I'd be happy to answer any questions should anyone be interested in products or in joining an amazing company.

Check us out www.kajc75.mionegroup.com
    (Thanks so much Ozyness!)

Meri, we have random articles here, but your best source would be Environmental Working group (http://www.ewg.org/). They are an unbiased source of objective evaluations on consumer products, especially those we eat or apply to our bodies (sunscreen, hand cream, deoderant etc.) To go directly to those products: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

P.S. Wecome to Hawkes' Health!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information