Thread: Benefits Of Using Coconut Oil

Default Benefits Of Using Coconut Oil

Coconut oil was once very popular cooking oil in America, but the Japanese occupation of the Philippines stopped the export of this oil. Companies began the push to hydrogenate the oils we had here in America, to make them more shelf stable, but unfortunately, that also made them less and less healthy.
    But new research and new processing options have given coconut oil a new life, and a new place in a healthy American diet.
    Research has shown that there is unique form of saturated fat called medium chain fatty acids that is found in coconut oil. These are very different than the long chain fatty acids that are in most processed fats in the American diet.
    These medium chain fatty acids, like lauric acid which is a major fat in coconut oil, are used quickly by the body and don’t really have time to become stored as fat.
    Current research ties most of the unhealthy actions of fats to trans-fats, which is the chemical process used to make solid and shelf-stable fats out of what are usually otherwise healthy fats.
    Research is under way to provide clinical evidence of the benefits of coconut oil. Anecdotal evidence is available that coconut oil can help you lose weight, is anti-viral and anti-bacterial, and can help reduce inflammation.
    To gain the benefits of coconut oil, you can begin to cook with it, but a simpler way is to take about 3 or 4 tablespoons a day. Try mixing it into a fruit smoothie. But do get only virgin coconut oil for maximum flavor and healthy.

http://tinyurl.com/l746ob

EmmaPeel

Default Re: Benefits Of Using Coconut Oil

Hi,

I have been rubbing coconut oil onto my feet and lips everynight before going to bed. Lately I have been waking up with extreme nausea!! Yesterday I spent the day really ill with GI troubles too...

I heard that CO can cause die off symptoms from the yeast being killed. Could this been what is occurring?

Hypoglycemia/nausea can be low cortisol, also if you have adrenal fatigue. I put a dime size dab of over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream on my abdomen and usually in 5-10 minutes it goes away.

Not sure coconut oil would do it-I eat the stuff right out of the jar and do fine. It actually helps my gut.
    Hope your tum gets better.

EmmaPeel

Thanks Reesacat. But I also found that 1% hydrocort. makes me ill too.
    Even in small amounts...Discovered that during a bout of heat rash last summer on my tum tum...

A friend of mine told me that perhaps my body couldn't handle the fats in the CO since I have no gallbladder...I absorbed too much. System overload.

Suggestions have been made to cease for a bit, and then reintroduce it slowly...like a half a teaspoon a day and to take my digestive enzymes regularly..... I slathered probably about 2 tbsp onto each foot each night....blecccht...makes me nauseous just thinking about it!!

I had never heard of 'coconut oil' die off, but from what I was reading yesterday, the nausea is caused by the candida dying off....boy o boy....talk about GI problems...!!

I understand-I'm extremely chemical/drug sensitive, also.
    No gallbladder is a biggie!
    Often trying something and then stopping if I think I have a problem is the only way to figgure it out.
    Annoying.
    Time consumting.
    I have better things to do.
    I have found tapping (EFT) for things like "Even though I have no idea why I am ________, I choose to find out" does help.
    Hope your tum settles down...............

I like it as a general conditioner for dry skin. I'm also wondering if absorbing it through my skin gives me any benefits without the calories. You think?

Quote Originally Posted by Islander
    I like it as a general conditioner for dry skin. I'm also wondering if absorbing it through my skin gives me any benefits without the calories. You think?
    If you are getting chased by gorgeous young straight men.....I think so

EmmaPeel

I have to say, CO is great for the skin and hair, and my nasty summer foot itch completely went away after about 3-4 days. It has worked great for skin complaints for me, but now that I think of it, I always felt ill the next day or three!

I will certainly do the tapping your suggested Reesacat! I am currently in serious need of a tapping set up for my upcoming dental work. I have no choice much to my distaste. (no pun intended)...

I opted out of the dental implants after I researched about titanium. Besides, who wants to spend $9000...! Positively criminal...

...getting a fixed bridge. Safer in my situation.

Anyway, thanks for asking about the tum. Feeling better today. Nausea gone. I have been drinking spring water and doing some music therapy.
    Actually, come to think of it...I had been oil pulling with Coconut Oil too!!

[QUOTE=EmmaPeel;9321]
    I opted out of the dental implants after I researched about titanium. Besides, who wants to spend $9000...! Positively criminal...

...getting a fixed bridge. Safer in my situation.

Emma, was it a molar that you were referring to here? I had one pulled, but my understanding is an implant would be the only alternative.

Good-day, that post is over 2 years old. Emma no longer visits this site.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information