Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ways to get mercury out of your body

Bridestein

Default Re: Ways to get mercury out of your body

Quote Originally Posted by Islander
    Why am I so flippin' sensitive to any flour at all? I can slip in a small bowl of oatmeal, but a potato or a handful of crackers is worth 20-40 points on the meter.
    Islander,
    Before I quit eating grains I used to control my blood sugar with a shot of vinegar. If I wanted to eat potatoes I would sip a little vinegar both before and after eating them. This kept me from 'crashing' and feeling like poop. Red wine vinegar tastes the best, but balsamic is not bad. Let me know how it goes - if you're willing to give it a try that is. Everyone at the table thought I was crazy. But I am, so it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridestein
    Islander,
    Before I quit eating grains I used to control my blood sugar with a shot of vinegar. If I wanted to eat potatoes I would sip a little vinegar both before and after eating them. This kept me from 'crashing' and feeling like poop. Red wine vinegar tastes the best, but balsamic is not bad. Let me know how it goes - if you're willing to give it a try that is. Everyone at the table thought I was crazy. But I am, so it's okay.
    So, what's a "shot"? A shot glass, literally? A tablespoon? I like balsamic and cider vinegars so this would not be a punishment, if it works.

Bridestein

A shot would be 1/2 oz. to 1 oz. before or during the meal and the same amount after, depending on the amount of carbs being consumed. For instance if I were to eat a giant plate of cheese garlic fries with sour cream - not that I ever would :p - I would definitely swig a whole ounce before and one after.

I've started making my own vinegar with kombucha tea, so it's very alive. It's a very unique, interesting flavor, but good. I've heard all kinds of wonders of vinegar, didn't know about helping control blood sugar.

Bridestein

I left out the most important part - after prolonged use vinegar will (supposedly) remove the enamel from your teeth if you do not rinse your mouth out. Sorry!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information