Thread: How Can Someone Cure Gout?

NickelParker

Default How Can Someone Cure Gout?

Does Someone Know Any Cure for Gout?This is craZY! I thought just old folks got gout. I'm in my 20s! But gout hurts like ****.Much appreciated! Can anyone provide any good home cure for gout?

Default Re: How Can Someone Cure Gout?

As a starting point, check out #7 here: http://www.hawkeshealth.net/communit...highlight=gout
    (Notice our site has a search box).
    Meanwhile I'll look around for something more specific.

ETA: see whether any of this advice pertains to you:
    http://tinyurl.com/5tor2x

Eliminating sugar and alcohol, and drinking plenty of water to flush out the uric acid, seem to be the top recommendations. Maybe someone will come along with more info...funny, it's never come up here!
    Last edited by Islander; 04-06-10 at 08:36 PM.

So my brother in law has gout and it sounds like it's already pretty bad. He just told me he's self medicated with steroids because he's been laid up in bed for 2 wks and wants to be able to go to work.
    I'm beside myself. This is one of those instances where I want to send him advise, but am faced with some pretty closed ears and he's liable to just take it as an insult.
    I was thinking of sending him a link to JMs site or Natural News (Austin boy may appeal to his TX mentality). I was considering theses sites because I'm not posting there these days. Any suggestions? I feel I have to at least try and get through to him. What if it becomes so advanced he winds up on dialysis or something?

Cherries, cherries, cherries. No doubt about it.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/026091_cherries_gout.html

Thanks Sam. I typed in gout on the natural news search box and got nothing.
    I've emailed my bro in law with your article and with JM's, (thanks Islander). I hope he reads them...

Gluten sensitivity is a part of many auto-immune inflammatory diseases — if your brother in law has digestive issues, migraines, psoriasis, rosacea etc. those are often clues indicating gluten sensitivity that also might be affecting/contributing to gout.

Thanks Reesacat and drat. I have redness between my eyebrows. It's not really bright, but I've wondered of its rosacea. Now I've got to confront that gluten thing again....
    I don't know if he has any other issues at this time (tho it wouldn't surprise me if he did). I'll be lucky if he looks at the sites I gave him. He's a staunch "corporations are good for the country, and so is their food" kind of dude. I'm just hoping that he's willing to open his mind a little for the sake of living pain free. I"ll tell you though, if he lets me put a toe through the door I'll be wedging that crack open every chance I get, and I'll mention about gluten for sure. .... Makes sense with GMOs and all.
    I was thinking if I could get him to try cherries and they work, that would sell him on trying even more alternatives. I've decided that when we go to visit if he hasn't looked at the sites I'm going to buy him some concentrated cherry juice or extract and put it on his kitchen counter. And perhaps order/strongly suggest he try some.
    Last edited by bmc65; 01-19-12 at 10:37 AM.

He does know that he has to avoid meat, and most especially, meats high in purines, right?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Nickel, I remember hearing that baking soda can help gout, and I think my husband tried it once with good results. Anyway, he's unavailable for comment at the moment, so I googled it, and it seems that it's a common home remedy for gout. For amounts and precautions (please do read the precautions), you can google it ('baking soda' gout is what your search could look like). Here are the 2 site I happened to check out, but it wouldn't hurt you to do a bit more checking: http://www.natural-remedies-pro.com/...-for-gout.html and http://www.gotgout.info/what-does-ba...y-do-for-gout/

I hope you're better very soon, and welcome to the site!

Thread Information