Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips for 'MCS Attacks'

Aotearoa - Land of erm... sheep and clouds and grumpy volcanoes

Default Re: Tips for 'MCS Attacks'

Eeek, thanks for the warning. And yep, newspapers do the same thing. I can only read about 3 pages before I have to put it away. Then there's photocopying... sheesh, at my old work I'd have to photocopy things for hours on end once a month, and I tell you what, I'd feel so ill by the end of it. I'd do it in parts, and set it up so it'd do about 40 copies of something at once and I could stand in the corridor while it did it, then hold my breath while I did the next lot, but ouch. Even then it was bad.

Wonder what the chemical/s is/are?!

What is Thieves oil btw?

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyIzzy
    What is Thieves oil btw?
    Thieves essential oil blend is a blend of oils from several spices like cloves, rosemary, lemon, cinnamon and eucalyptus. It is expensive but it really helps me in many ways. I actually bought an entire kit including cleansers, toothpaste etc plus the diffuser when I first found out about it killing mold. Young Living is probably the premier manufacturer of essential oils in the US at least. Copied this for you:

Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.* Thieves® oil blend is an integral ingredient in Thieves® Household Cleaner, Thieves® Spray, Thieves® Wipes, Thieves® Lozenges, Thieves® Dentarome Plus™ and Thieves® Dentarome Ultra™ toothpastes, and Thieves® Fresh Essence Plus™ Mouthwash.

Ahhh I know! Ha, there's another herbal blend I remember reading about a few months ago based on what people used to use in the plague in England... it seems it was a good time for figuring out what works!

DIZ,
    So, before I was given the Suzanne Somers poison pills, I could handle any smells; perfume, diesel trucks, whatever it was.
    Then, when my adrenals hit rock bottom, I noticed that when I would put on my favorite perfumes that never bothered me before, I became dizzy, and short of breath. Well, this just absolutely KILLED me because I am the total heel wearing, perfume wearing, nail getting done, doin' the Sarah Palin hair style kinda gal.
    Anyway, I had been eating a lot more veggies and fruits at the time, and somewhere around Christmas, I picked up Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions. Well, it sure changed my life, and how I eat. Dang, in fact it did a heck of a lot more than that skinny ol' chap Mercola ever did!
    Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, I was reading a fashion magazine, and you know those ads where on the edge, you can peel it off, and smell the perfume? Well, it was Kim Kardashian's perfume, and I fell in love. I kept smelling the beautiful scent of gardenias over and over and guess what? NO REACTION. So, I bought the perfume, and I am having no troubles at all. In fact, although I really HATE diesel smell, it does not send me to the moon like it once did. OK so what the heck? Sally Fallon taught me to regulate my blood sugars. What does that have to do with MCS? Who knows? But I believe personally, that animal fats stabilize your blood sugar which in turn allows your body to address the healing of your adrenals. Girlfriend, I suspect that you have a strong predilection for fruits and veggies, am I right? Are you eating a lot of cream from unpasteruized / unhomogenized milk?
    In my humble opinion, MCS is a symptom of adrenal fatigue.
    Mellow, don't be mad at me with the whole perfume thing. Love 'ya girlfriend.

"It costs a lot of money to look this cheap." --- Dolly Parton

I have heard of people with MCS putting out into the sun newspapers, books, etc. to evaporate some of the fumes.
    Don't know if that would help.....

I am the total heel wearing, perfume wearing, nail getting done, doin' the Sarah Palin hair style kinda gal.
    Samurai, just don't run for president, okay?

I know a LOT more about health than our president; he is a smoker, which tells me he has little regard for his own well being.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    In my humble opinion, MCS is a symptom of adrenal fatigue.
    Sam, my adrenals have been tested and I definitely do not have adrenal fatigue yet I have MCS. Martin Pall's theory of NO/ONOO- cycle upregulation is becoming more concrete as the cause of MCS, CFS Fibromyalgia, PTSD, GWS and possibly even more disprders, each day and there has certainly been nothing to disprove it. He has been asked to write a chapter about MCS for a toxicollogy text book (This chapter has been reproduced as the webpage on MCS on his website) therefore his research and NO/ONOO- theory are being recognised as the probable cause.
    http://thetenthparadigm.org/index.html

Hey, and welcome back to the forum. We haven't heard from you for a while.

I do love my fruits n veggies!! But I only use raw milk (mmmmmm so creamy and fatty!) and butter, coconut oil, organic eggs, full-fat everything - my friends all know you don't even THINK about putting 'low-fat' crap near me or I'll quite possibly slap you, lol... ok, maybe not slap, but you'll get a rant anyway.

I do kinda go for the Weston A. Price philosophy, it just feels right for me, but meat is sooooo expensive when you're a student. I just can't afford it, sadly. I do get the odd good deal from our local organic butcher when I go in there playing the poor-student card, he'll usually give me extra, but I'm just not a huge meat eater - not really that keen on it, flavour-wise. Though I love me some chicken. Dad's vegetarian and has been for decades, so I guess I've grown up with a lot of vego food around (though Mum is a good carnivore, ha).

I think other than that, I'm also really bad at cooking meat. It always tastes awful, lol. I'm a great vegetarian chef, I come up with the most incredible meals, but just don't ask me to do meat, I always kill it. I need to learn how to cook the stuff properly!

And I need to get fermenting stuff too, but I wouldn't have a clue how.

I know my adrenals are getting a hammering lately, in between a psychotic flatmate (not an exaggeration) and a full-time double-degree and very demanding job, so I'm very aware of not getting too stressed out. And of what I need to do to stop that.

Maybe this is the kick up the bum I need to get it all sorted!

EmmaPeel

Sam, I know exactly what you mean. For years I used products as an esthetician, expensive imported European Spa goodies from Austria, Germany and Italy... 'pure', 'gentle', ' organically based' preservative/dye free' ...I didn't think that after years of using these products I would suddenly react to them.

But I did. My folly was in thinking that because I didn't react to them at the time that they were OK. Sometimes it takes years for the damage to accumulate and manifest, IMHO.

I just had a vicious reaction to walking into a greeting card store. Who'd a thunk it?

EmmaPeel

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyIzzy
    I know my adrenals are getting a hammering lately, in between a psychotic flatmate (not an exaggeration) and a full-time double-degree and very demanding job, so I'm very aware of not getting too stressed out. And of what I need to do to stop that.

Maybe this is the kick up the bum I need to get it all sorted!
    You know Diz...I was thinking about your experience with your flatmate and her mean and insensitive brutal use of cleansers in your home...is talking to her a possibility? Is she reasonable? Cause this type of assault on your body can jeopardize your little grey cells from working with all thrusters blaring....

....I had the same experience growing up with a mother who was a commercial cleansing junkie. Our home was constantly full of cleansers, products, perfumed cleansers, toilet cakes...etc...it was no wonder that all of us suffered with asthma until we left home...

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaPeel
    You know Diz...I was thinking about your experience with your flatmate and her mean and insensitive brutal use of cleansers in your home...is talking to her a possibility? Is she reasonable? Cause this type of assault on your body can jeopardize your little grey cells from working with all thrusters blaring....

....I had the same experience growing up with a mother who was a commercial cleansing junkie. Our home was constantly full of cleansers, products, perfumed cleansers, toilet cakes...etc...it was no wonder that all of us suffered with asthma until we left home...
    Reasonable? Her?! Hahahahaha you've gotta be joking. I could try talking to her but she just ignores you. She hasn't spoken to anybody else in the flat for a week now - not even acknowledged anybody's even speaking to her when we try.

I wasn't exaggerating in any way when I used the word 'psychotic'. That is exactly what she is. Where most people will threaten and rant and 'talk smack', she actually crosses the line into doing things. I'm outta that place as soon as I possibly can be.

Plus she's a nurse who thinks commercial cleaning products are God's gift to mankind against the evils of bugs.

I just get very good at using the extractor fans in the bathroom and laundry before I go in there (and good at holding my breath), and thankfully I have loads of windows in my room and one of those draught-blocking things for along my door, so I just hide in there when I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaltrude
    Sam, my adrenals have been tested and I definitely do not have adrenal fatigue yet I have MCS. Martin Pall's theory of NO/ONOO- cycle upregulation is becoming more concrete as the cause of MCS, CFS Fibromyalgia, PTSD, GWS and possibly even more disprders, each day and there has certainly been nothing to disprove it. He has been asked to write a chapter about MCS for a toxicollogy text book (This chapter has been reproduced as the webpage on MCS on his website) therefore his research and NO/ONOO- theory are being recognised as the probable cause.
    http://thetenthparadigm.org/index.html

Hey, and welcome back to the forum. We haven't heard from you for a while.
    Thanks, love! Hmmmm... well, I think for me, and perhaps others, it is a symptom of AF.
    Dizzy, assuming "flatmate" = "roommate", ay caramba girl! Living with someone that you fight with is so toxic! Find another roommate girl. It's not like a marriage.... life is too short.
    Meat is everything! I buy organic chicken thighs and it is individually frozen like 3 pounds worth for around $15.00. Every blue moon I splurge and get Alaskan King Crab @ something stupid like $22.00 per lb. But that is an aberration. How about ground round? It is like $7.00 for grass fed per pound. EGGS! Wonderful EGGS! Superior grade eggs are $5.50 per dozen. Eggs make me feel great!

OK so, are you having meat at each and every meal??????
    How many ounces of meat do you eat per day? (Sorry, please use Imperial measurements I don't understand metric...... sorry :p )

Tina

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaPeel
    Sam, I know exactly what you mean. For years I used products as an esthetician, expensive imported European Spa goodies from Austria, Germany and Italy... 'pure', 'gentle', ' organically based' preservative/dye free' ...I didn't think that after years of using these products I would suddenly react to them.

But I did. My folly was in thinking that because I didn't react to them at the time that they were OK. Sometimes it takes years for the damage to accumulate and manifest, IMHO.

I just had a vicious reaction to walking into a greeting card store. Who'd a thunk it?
    ****Samurai doing child-like behavoir*****
    "La-La-La I'm not listening..... I love my perfume, makeup and hairspray"

Haha, I loooove my makeup too... but I'm too lazy to wear it most of the time. I love finding a new range that's natural and non-toxic enough that I can use it. Dr Hauschka are my favourite, but ouch, expensive. And yummy organic skincare ranges, and haircare... mmmm. Nothing like a girly pamper session. I figure you shouldn't have to sacrifice the simple pleasures altogether; it's just a matter of finding stuff that's safe enough.

I eat meat maybe once every three weeks? Ha. But I do eat eggs a few times a week, and I have quinoa or lentils most days so I do get protein in me. And I love me that raw milk, yum, drink that every day... and organic probiotic yoghurt... meat is so stupidly expensive here though, and I haven't got any space in the freezer for anything. Literally, like, $8 for a couple of chicken breasts, or for a pound (maybe, I can't do imperial!) of beef mince, or whatever. Fish is way out of the picture, it's crazy expensive. Drives me mad.

And I wasn't joking, I really can't cook the stuff. At all. I'm appalling. The most I can do is cook bolognaise mince, and that's erm, not that nice. Not a fan of red meat, it makes me feel icky. Chicken though... yum. Mmmm scrummy. So usually I only eat it if I'm eating out somewhere, then I don't have to cook it and ruin it, haha. I do a mean salmon steak, but they're about $6 for one so that's outta the picture too when I can get a big bag of quinoa for that much that'll last me 5 or 6 meals!

And eggs.... $7/dozen. Awful. But I will get them because well, I love eggs. Ha.

Yep, flatmate = room-mate, sort of. But not in the same room. Just the same house. I really need a new one, but the place is a good price (I can't find anywhere else I can afford), it's in the perfect location, the room is really big and pretty, the other flatmates are all great... but man she's toxic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information