EmmaPeel

Default Re: Tips for 'MCS Attacks'

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    ****Samurai doing child-like behavoir*****
    "La-La-La I'm not listening..... I love my perfume, makeup and hairspray"

Hahahahhaaaaa!.....Love the picture!

EmmaPeel

Holy CR**! Diz ! Do you ever pay alot for your food!
    I didn't realize that NZ was so expensive! I always thought that at least fish would be cheaper since you'd think it was more plentiful! I think you pay more for your fish (salmon, fresh) than I do living in the middle of the Canadian frigg'n prairies!

I just bought fresh, wild salmon fillets 4 large ones for about $18. That's enough for 2 people to have 2.5 meals. Organic, free range eggs are about $4.99 a doz (which I thought was ridiculous, but bought them anyway)...
    And four medium sized sirloin, grass fed beef steaks were $20.
    Free range lg chickens are about $7.00/lb but it's worth it. I buy whole and cut it up myself. It tastes so much better. The rest of our proteins comes from legumes and they are dirt cheap.

We can't get raw milk up here in Canuckville. Boooooo! But I did find some raw cheese made at a local monastery.

Yeh, your roommate sounds like a wingnut....get out of Dodge, girl!
    She's obviously stressed, miserable and vindictive....Can you and the rest boot her out??? (Doesn't sound nice, but she is asking for it by not being considerate to other's in the flat..)

Let us know how things work out! By the way, how much longer do you have to be in school?
    Last edited by EmmaPeel; 04-25-10 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyIzzy

I eat meat maybe once every three weeks? Ha. But I do eat eggs a few times a week, and I have quinoa or lentils most days so I do get protein in me.
    Did you guys ever get the radio host "Paul Harvey"? Oh man. He was good. Anyway, he was famous for his saying, "And, now you know the rest of the story." Dizz; EAT MEAT. Get like 6 ounces 3 times per day, and watch your health soar sky high.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Dizz; EAT MEAT. Get like 6 ounces 3 times per day, and watch your health soar sky high.
    Unfortunately eating meat is often not possible when you have MCS Sam. Due to the poisoning that caused the MCS, there are often issues with the liver functioning effectively and this can mean an inability to handle fats. This is certainly the case for me. If I try eating meat, I know about it within an hour and wish I had not tried. Eating any food that has been cooked in oil is also out of the question for me though I can handle small amounts of uncooked oil and oil that occurs in foods such as avocado and flax seed.

Aotearoa - Land of erm... sheep and clouds and grumpy volcanoes

Yep, and unfortunately I'm in the most expensive city in the country (I think). Food is just ridiculous. That's why my garden is a God-send, lol. That and quinoa.

I need me some chickens.

I'm ok with meat usually, I actually feel a lot better when I'm eating it, but it's just so friggin' expensive. I'm at my parents at the moment though so that means lots of meat to be had, muahaha. So I'll stock up for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyIzzy
    Yep, and unfortunately I'm in the most expensive city in the country (I think).
    That you certainly are Iz. It is the one place in New Zealand that we have decided we definitely would NOT want to live. I guess you don't have a lot of choice at the moment if you want to get your qualifications. I'm guessing though, that you are probably nearly half way through.

Dizz, you are an amazing young woman
    Neither lack of meat, psycho-nurse flatmates, crazy job or exams will stop you from achieving your goals. You go, girl!

Aotearoa - Land of erm... sheep and clouds and grumpy volcanoes

Ha, thanks.

And yep, as soon as I'm finished I'm outta there Aaltrude. I'm so not an Aucklander, lol. Big smoggy smelly city full of erm... jafas. Just to reiterate the stereotype. Plus it's pretty much a bunch of towns stuck together, so apart from being where all the good gigs are, you might as well be in a smaller town anyway.

[For non-NZers, jafa = Just Another F* Aucklander... a rather well-used phrase in the rest of the country, lol].

EmmaPeel

Quote Originally Posted by Reesacat
    Dizz, you are an amazing young woman
    Neither lack of meat, psycho-nurse flatmates, crazy job or exams will stop you from achieving your goals. You go, girl!

I WANNA KNOW WHERE REESACAT GETS HER EMOTICONS....!!!!!!!!!
    THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!

EmmaPeel

...and I second what Reesacat says...you go girl! When me book comes out you will see too that once you have your set your goals, have an honorable, selfless intention, & ask for help from the Universe...you WILL be successful...I have NO doubt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information