Thread: Rules of the road

Default Rules of the road

Welcome! We would like to have no "thou shalt nots," but a few guidelines will enhance your use of this site.

SPAM is the intentional promotion of a product with the intent to solicit sales... in other words, advertising. That includes linking to a product or service that is offered for sale. Such behavior will result in your being banned from the site immediately and your post removed.

• We expect sincere and thoughtful content. Disrespect, harassment, vulgarity or spam will result in instant termination of your membership.

• This is a HEALTH forum. Please stay on topic. Religion, politics and conspiracy theories are not only off topic, but too inflammatory for a public message board.

• Posting:
    - It's customary to begin each thread with a published article. If you want to express an opinion rather than refer to a published article, please use the Blogspot at the bottom of the home page.
    - Copy headline language exactly when possible, to aid in search functions. If the headline is tricky, or a teaser, use your own editing skills to somehow work the topic of the story into the headline.
    - Follow existing format (author, date, etc.)
    - Cite the article source at end ("read more," 'keep reading," etc. followed by the link to the article or study.
    - Use the Preview button to see your post the way it will appear. You can now make any needed changes in spacing, etc. before actually posting. If you spot an error after posting, use the Edit button to correct it.

- Copyrighted articles cannot be reprinted in their entirety. Follow the 100-word rule: copy the first paragraph or so, up to 100 words, and then link to the source by copying and pasting the url.

Please do not use the Private Message function to ask a health question of a forum member. Our mission is to educate and inform, not to dispense medical advice. Your questions are best posted in the Q&A forum, where you will have the benefit of other members' experiences, thoughts or suggestions; besides, someone else may have the same question and will find answers as they read.

• We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the above expectations. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the site standards.

• We value your privacy. We will never rent, sell, or otherwise use your e-mail address for anything other than the services you specifically request. Period.

Disclaimer: This site contains an aggregate of studies, news, and information from a wide array of sources. It often includes comments from well-educated members on a variety of health-related topics, with an emphasis on alternative and natural (as opposed to pharmaceutical) approaches. Advice and suggestions offered here are for informational purposes only and are not intended to replace consultation with your own qualified medical professional. This forum and its members cannot be held liable for actions you take based on information obtained here.

Donations: We take no advertising dollars. Hawkes' Health is volunteer-run and member-supported. There are charges for licensing, hosting, bandwidth, security, etc. If you have found the contents useful, please consider a donation. Contact the Administrator via Private Message for a mailing address or click the yellow Paypal button. And thank you!
    Last edited by Islander; 01-14-19 at 10:57 PM.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Rules of the road

Re: "Keep headline language specific to aid in search functions." I've been under the impression that the headline is supposed to be the actual headline of the article, when one is posting the first bit and the url of the article. Is that incorrect?

No, you're right, we should see the actual headline. But sometimes — and Mercola is famous for this — the headline is abbreviated, or a teaser, or uses a slang or otherwise misleading term to generate interest in the story. In such cases I'd prefer you to do your own wise editing in order to reflect the actual topic. For instance, if the headline reads, "The disease that has no cure," I'd want to insert the topic (ebola) into the headline. I fact, I'd make it the first word, followed by a colon. I should rewrite my instructions, above to clarify.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Thanks. Sounds perfect.

And thank you especially for something in the "rules" that needed clarification!

thank you for your work

We are a team, Gadost! Suggestions work for the good of all.

Thread Information