Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking suggestions for dry skin

Default Re: Seeking suggestions for dry skin

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I did a search for that moisturizer and that seems expensive to me. Do you have a source with a lower price? Is the product super awesome and worth $50-ish? (If it lasted for a year and solved my problem it would be worth it.)
    It is expensive and I use it because it seems to not react with my skin and with all my crazy MCS reactions if I find something that works I don't change. The Miessence helped to heal my skin some (I had switched to it from conventional creams with all the parabens and junk) but the 2 things that healed my skin were going gluten/grain free and the HCG diet.
    I had gotten the thyroid pretty well under control, but if you are low thyroid it will lead to very dry cracked skin.

Ok. You've all given excellent suggestions as usual. I found Desert Essence Organics at Swanson for $4.90 and jojoba oil for about $6 so I'll give those a go with my next order and mix them. I'm also trying/failing/trying again to go grain free (I do fine until someone gives me something that I like while I'm hungry). Aaaaaand...I intend to try the HCG diet yet again in January (I think).

ntrll9875

Well you may want to know the cause first.
    But with any dry skin....don't wash more than twice a day. Avoid the sun or wear sunscreen. If you use anything on your face or if your face is exposed to something....try to
    The moisturizer I used is Aveeno with spf 15. It makes my skin smooth and hydrated while also protecting it from the sun.
    Hope this helps~~

Quote Originally Posted by ntrll9875 View Post
    Well you may want to know the cause first.
    But with any dry skin....don't wash more than twice a day. Avoid the sun or wear sunscreen. If you use anything on your face or if your face is exposed to something....try to
    The moisturizer I used is Aveeno with spf 15. It makes my skin smooth and hydrated while also protecting it from the sun.
    Hope this helps~~
    First of all, welcome ntrll This is a natural health site and we have many articles here showing how dangerous conventional sunscreens are. They do NOT prevent cancer and may actually contribute. They contribute to vitamin D deficiency. Please do a search here and learn about alternatives and why the sun is not the villain it's made out to be by conventional medicine. Also, most products are filled with artificial petroleum based ingredients and dangerous preservatives, many of which are endocrine disruptors.

Support that. Check out Environmental Working Group's sunscreen evaluation: http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2012sunscreen/.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information