Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the point? Coffee clatch?

Default What's the point? Coffee clatch?

Islander invited me over from Mercola to join this forum, I made a few informational posts. But now I see a lot of chit chat,...aren't the goals to inform and educate,..to communicate freely,...to share knowledge that is suppressed by the media????
    Finding the truth today is like looking for your car keys in a 40ton manure pile. Why add to the manure? Who has time to read all the fluff to maybe get an answer to their pain. Do some research, try things, report, ask questions. There are billions of people suffering and they will continue to suffer.
    I can tell you that no single drug, vitamin, mineral, herb or food is the answer to disease. In fact THE disease is OXIDATIVE STRESS. The molecules you are made of erode/rust as they are oxidized. This should be the central theme of health and healing.
    Get that idea into your head and begin controlling diet, toxins and mental states toward healthy ends. Any symptom like cancer, heart disease, depression, etc. etc. can be reversed by supplying lots of electrons and oxygen and raising a body's pH AND redox potential,...It's the charge that makes things work.
    Wikipedia oxidation/reduction/redox potential/Vitamin C and get a grasp of simple chemistry. Read an in depth richly sourced 62pg paper that corroborates FH findings and protocol; http://www.royalrife.com/haltiwanger1.pdf . For an understanding of redox potential in our Inner Ocean see; http://www.americanaquariumproducts....Potential.html
    See www.forbiddenhealingforum.com comments/articles

I'm giving you the answer to disease and suffering.
    Let's cut to the chase. Time is running out. We are all being squished under the corporate thumb as our biosphere is being destroyed.

Got kids? What will they do? Live short lives and suffer as slaves!

Cap

Default Re: What's the point? Coffee clatch?

Excuse us for not freaking out and screaming at people....

People come here to ask questions and exchange ideas because we figure they are smart enough to read the information we have posted and make their own decisions without a lot of drama.

You are welcome to go somewhere else if this doesn't suit you.
    Last edited by Reesacat; 04-08-11 at 08:45 PM.

Capt. Randall, we post breaking health news here daily, usually a week to ten days before it appears on the site you came from. Checking "New Posts" on the upper left of your screen is the best way to find information new to the site. I'm sure your own message would find a more receptive audience were you to make your point calmly and rationally, with the associated links. Apparently we don't share your sense of urgency, and we definitely cringe when yelled at. Dial it down, please. As Reesacat said, we don't need the drama. Maybe this site is just not a good fit for you?

In my vernacular "communicating freely" includes chit chat.
    I don't know about everyone else but as soon as anyone says to me "Get that idea into your head..." I immediately stop listening.

One way I de-stress is by coming to this community where I can share my thoughts, ideas and experiences with like minded folks. I think you could agree that good health management includes participating in activities that reduce stress.
    By the way, from your own post "aren't the goals...to communicate freely... ". Isn't that what we are doing?
    Finally...... I'll add that I've gained a really good bit of FYI from this site and I've done it in a way that is effortless and at the same time relaxing. I don't think I would pick up as much if I tried to sit down and read nothing but dry research on my down time.
    Last edited by bmc65; 04-09-11 at 06:16 PM.

We might consider that many of us participate here on the Hawkes forum precisely because we feel more comfortable sharing ideas here than we had done on certain other sites. Many of us were made to feel uncomfortable when we gave honest comments, and subsequently have participated much less, or not at all, on that other forum. When there is a clear "party line", which must not be crossed without heavy handed reprisals (such as banning from the site due to differing opinions), this quickly results in self-censorship, immediately followed by withdrawal of participation.

Thankfully, quite a lot of interested and interesting people now have found our wonderful forum, Hawkes Health!

My late FIL was bi-polar, paranoid, had very low self-esteem and was constantly trying to manipulate people with fear. When I see headlines or posts that scream "Wake-up", use hysterical phrasing, claim to have the answer because it was forbidden or hidden, etc.-that is what my FIL did to control people to deal with his poor self-esteem.
    I can't take any information presented like that seriously because I feel who ever is sending it out may not have rational judgement. I had to quit referring people to that other website due to the articles and posters that did just that.

I do get very angry when good honest conversation that involves problem-solving and exchange of information is dismissed as worthless chit-chat or meaningless fluff. That is arrogant and ignorant-wise people know more problems have been solved sitting down over a meal with respectful listening and exchange of ideas that all the drive-by-shooting lectures that proliferate over the Internet.

Most of us know about oxidative stress, Vitamin C, (I have a Rife machine), etc.
    We are trying to figure out how to use that knowledge-where do you find organic food?
    How do you get clean water? How do you protect yourself from mandatory vaccines or cleaning chemicals used in public spaces? I need those kinds of answers, and the wonderful friends here on HH help me to find them. Relationship and conversation solve problems. Because it involves respect, listening, and letting go of ego, many don't do it.

I am tired of hysteria.
    Drama Queens can Kiss My Grits!
    Last edited by Reesacat; 04-09-11 at 02:06 PM.

I have to agree with what everyone else has said. I have gleaned more information and rational discussion here than anywhere else I've belonged to. I love the fact we don't have to bow down to some "crown" or be banned...that we can disagree and occasionally even change each others opinions. I also don't like your statement: "I'm giving you the answer to disease and suffering". If I was rich, maybe there are things out there I could still try, but after 4 years, I've come to the conclusion that if you are older and your body already severely damaged, you cannot find complete healing outside of a miracle (which I do NOT discount). So statements like this and your overall dismissal of us tick me off!

I DO have a sense of urgency, have had it for over 40yrs as I watch this planet crumble and people die needlessly and young. I finally find the answer and no one will listen. It is frustrating. I can read the confusion.
    I wanted to streamline your thinking and give away the key. Raise redox potential and heal. It's a quantitative thing.
    Ya'll wanna clatch,...clatch. Wanna learn, listen up. I am at your service.

Okaayy...so all the people here (many with multiple degrees and years of experience in science and health) and all the man-hours that went into developing this site, posting articles, sharing experiences--we don't know anything and you are the only one that can teach us????

Lord, I haven't laughed this hard in ages!!

So far, I have not read anything earth shaking, except for the proclamations of another of god's gifts to humanity, who wants to be listened to. We all want to be listened to. One then should say something besides "listen to me". What exactly is it? Linus Pauling and Matthias Rath have written a few books on the biochemistry in question. Are they also not sufficiently being listened to? No doubt in my military mind that they have been roundly ignored. Oh, wait, except for us...

Thanks for all the sweet words. Goes to show that major ideas are met with ridicule, then attacked and finally accepted as evident.

Trying to get ya'll to focus on the principle that works and away from empty threads and endless conjecture. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of solid discussion and learned discussors on Hawkes. Just when I sought the answers to my problems, answers were buried in a mass of confusion and marketing hype. This perpetuates ignorance and an ignorant human hoard is destroying the quality of MY life.

And thanks for the psychoanalysis. Forgive my directness; the next time your car is in a ditch and a blunt-spoken cracker shows up with a pickup and a tow-strap, tell him to hit the road cuz you don't care for his tone!

Just for Sunday morning; I'm not god's gift, I am GOD. You are too but I realize it! Oh, the controversy.

Capt. Randall, you have alienated a very open and receptive community by blowing in here with an arrogant attitude and purporting to have the single answer to health, which you push in a kind of shorthand that's difficult to follow (http://www.hawkeshealth.net/communit...4988#post24988). Anyone who limits health to a single issue (oxidative stress, inflammation, toxins, energy issues in the mitochondria, etc.) arouses my suspicion; I don't think the elimination of all disease and the attainment of optimal health can be narrowed to one isolated issue.

Please note that you are addressing two audiences: the active users, all of whom are well educated and many of whom are current or former health professionals...and a large body of guests, some of whom drop in regularly, and some who may be here for the first time and new to the field of alternative health. A supercilious, patronizing attitude offends the first and repels the second. Do you see why you have to say, "I finally find the answer and no one will listen"? No one chooses to be threatened or shouted at. If you want our attention — and I do think we are open to what you have to demonstrate — you might try coming back with a reasonable tone and a step-by-step summary of the process you are advocating. Keep in mind that it's been a long time since high school chemistry for some of us, and this business of electron swapping can be confusing. Teach, Captain. Respectfully.

ETA: I was typing while you were posting. Had not seen your comment or Maurya's. Sunday morning, as you say.

Is a self-proclaimed leader really a leader if no one is following?
    Will a temper tantrum gain respect?
    Who do tow truck drivers call when they need a tow?

oceanforkids

Well, I, for one, am really stupid and only have experience with the things I've actually tried. I cannot profess to have the answer to life itself.

I'm fairly new here, so, Cap't. Randall, you'll have to enlighten me of your theories with a lot more than the word redox. Shine on and teach, but handle me nicely as I break easily.

And, FYI, I do not consider a coffee clatch a bad thing either. We sometimes need the fluff and humor. I find people who can't experience humor are not very happy with their lot in life. Up to you to change that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information