Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home-Made Liposomal Vitamin C (and Glutathione)

Default Re: Home-Made Liposomal Vitamin C (and Glutathione)

I can't speak for others, but I keep a bottle in the fridge ICE (In Case of Emergency), "emergency" being symptoms of cold or flu that do not resolve in 24 hours with megadoses of vitamin C in capsules (a gram every 2 hours). Liposomal C is absorbed at a much higher rate than caps so a little goes a long way.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Good-day, who are you addressing your question to?
    I take the liposomal C because it absorbs so very well (much better than other oral forms) without GI side effects. It isn't quite as good as IV Vitamin C which is used to treat symptoms of CFIDS, but for those of us with CFIDS this is a good second option.
    The Liposomal C helps me fight infections, helps with fatigue, and my skin and gums look better.

Reesacat asking what it helps was for anyone who cared to reply! It sounded like a good combo; something of benefit too. Is homemade cheaper or preferable?

Definitely homemade is cheaper, but since I use it only rarely, I still have the first bottle I bought. If you, like some here, have a specific need for it, you might wish to learn to make it.

Thegratefulgardener

Quote Originally Posted by mellowsong View Post
    I'm sorry but I cannot answer your question. However, just so you know, even people who are soy intolerant seem to tolerate the soy lecithin. All I can suggest is trying it using the same amounts called for with the granules and see if it all emulsifies in the jewelry cleaner. Good luck and let us know how it turns out
    Thanks, Mellowsong! Yes, I am okay with an organic or non-gmo source of soy, but a close friend has Lupus and has been soy-free as recommended by her doctor. She's worried about adding anything soy. I'm going to get both and do a test batch of each to compare them. I'll let you know how it works.

Also, I understand it's better to use a sodium-ascorbate for high-dose treatment rather than ascorbic acid (due to stomach upset) or calcium ascorbate (due to build up of calcium), but I am having a very hard time finding a non-gmo or organic source of that. I found a few whole food vitamin c sources, but they have co-enzymes and other things in them from the food source - nothing added though. Your post said to be sure it's just pure vitamin c. Do you think the whole food source C will work?

Thanks for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Thegratefulgardener View Post
    I found a few whole food vitamin c sources, but they have co-enzymes and other things in them from the food source - nothing added though. Your post said to be sure it's just pure vitamin c. Do you think the whole food source C will work? Thanks for everything!
    I bought sodium ascorbate the first time and pretty much all the ascorbates are buffered. No matter how long I mixed it (I use an immersion blender) the mixture would not stay together. I tried using less thinking the problem might be too much powder but that didn't work either. If the whole food source is not buffered it may work but again, I have no way of knowing. All you can do is try. I cannot afford a whole food Vitamin C much as I would like to so I get the bad stuff made from corn. I hate that but figure by the time it is made into the Vitamin C very little to no pesticide or GMO protein is left. I am much better off using this than not taking Vitamin C at all

[QUOTE=Reesacat;helps with fatigue,

Any kind of fatigue?

If your fatigue is due to low thyroid or something like a food allergy to gluten, the Liposomal C will ease it a bit but the underlying problem needs to be corrected. If you are fighting an infection such as a virus the Lipsomal C will help you fight it and that helps the fatigue.

Vitamin C does so many things at so many levels it is one of my core supplements. Vitamin C is used in building skin, bones, teeth, tissue, etc.; it's an anti-oxidant, it supports the immune system, etc.
    Your body doesn't make Vitamin C, so you need to get it from food and supplements if you need extra.

I just want to point out that liposomal vitamin C is quite expensive and really hi-powered. Unless you have some condition, either chronic (like CFID) or a sudden illness, that you need mega-doses of C to address, a good-quality traditional vitamin C will work just fine. The ordinary caps are what I take daily, and bulk up on at the first sign of a scratchy throat. The liposomal C is reserved for real emergencies.

[QUOTE=Islander; symptoms of cold or flu

Any proven benefit (including by experience) for systemic type infections?

I have used the Lipsomal Vitamin C (1,000 mg) and Vitamin D3 (4,000 IU) every 2-4 hours for around 24 hours to help me knock out on different occasions flu, virus, and a gum infection. It made me feel less sick with the flu aches, etc.
    With the Lipsomal Vitamin C I didn't get the gastric upset of non-liposomal high dose Vitamin C (for me those side effects are cramping and diarrhea). I had gotten to the point I was almost not able to take regular non-lipsomal Vitamin C over 4,000 mg/day due to the gastric side effects.
    Last edited by Reesacat; 08-25-11 at 10:42 PM.

Grateful I wasn't thinking straight this morning or I would have given you this info earlier. I'm sorry about that Here is the powder I use to make my liposomal C. I tolerate it very well: http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Asc...-kg/30240?at=0
    Why I chose this one, besides affordability:
    We use only 100% pure pharmaceutical grade L-ascorbic acid USP-FCC* (C6H8O6) which contains no corn residue, plant antigens, or protein impurities. Individuals allergic to corn or yeast can use this product with confidence.
    pH 2.1†Made without Gluten or GMOs

Thegratefulgardener

Quote Originally Posted by mellowsong View Post
    Grateful I wasn't thinking straight this morning or I would have given you this info earlier. I'm sorry about that Here is the powder I use to make my liposomal C. I tolerate it very well: http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Asc...-kg/30240?at=0
    Why I chose this one, besides affordability:
    We use only 100% pure pharmaceutical grade L-ascorbic acid USP-FCC* (C6H8O6) which contains no corn residue, plant antigens, or protein impurities. Individuals allergic to corn or yeast can use this product with confidence.
    pH 2.1†Made without Gluten or GMOs
    Thanks, Mellowsong! I was about to get that one when I read that with high doses, like my friend with Lupus will need, the ascorbic acid will bother her tummy. You tolerate it well - what kind of doses are you taking, if you don't mind my asking.

Thegratefulgardener

Quote Originally Posted by Reesacat View Post
    I have used the Lipsomal Vitamin C (1,000 mg) and Vitamin D3 (4,000 IU) every 2-4 hours for around 24 hours to help me knock out on different occasions flu, virus, and a gum infection. It made me feel less sick with the flu aches, etc.
    With the Lipsomal Vitamin C I didn't get the gastric upset of non-liposomal high dose Vitamin C (for me those side effects are cramping and diarrhea). I had gotten to the point I was almost not able to take regular non-lipsomal Vitamin C over 4,000 mg/day due to the gastric side effects.
    Hi Ressacat! Is your liposomal C homemade? If so, are you using ascorbic acid and having no gastric upset? I'm trying to pick a C to use for a friend who will need very high doses. Thanks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information