Thread: Get inspired with this short video!

Default Get inspired with this short video!

I'm not a huge fan of raw foods - I think some veggies and most beans need to be cooked to get the most out of them (but I could be wrong) and though I don't eat much meat, I have to admit I insist on cooking it.

That being said...please do watch this video. It's about 5 minutes and really inspiring. The guy's enthusiasm is contagious!

http://www.markusrothkranz.com/go_ra...kus_video.html

I do eat my share of wild foods and salad greens...nuts and seeds...and I have started drinking a Mike Adams smoothie for breakfast that I find I crave. (This from a woman who ate an egg and a slice of toast about 6 mornings out of 7 for most of my life.) Now I have all these lovely organic free-range eggs sitting in the fridge...maybe I'll scramble some for supper....

Default Re: Get inspired with this short video!

I really enjoyed the video. Thanks. There's some really good info there. I've gone as raw as I'm willing. I even put a raw egg in my raw milk kefir smoothie. There's one problem. I LOVE meat and I don't want to give it up and it HAS to be cooked, well done even. Limiting my protein has been harder than giving up grains and sugar. You're right about some veggies, especially cruciferous (cabbage family) need to be cooked or fermented to get the most out of them. Soy is another that is really bad for you unless fermented. I can't become a vegetarian because I despise beans and you need them for the protein, lol.

PS...what's a Mike Adams smoothie?

I also would like to know what a Mike Adams smoothie is.

Mike offered a pdf a while ago on reversing diabetes, which is what I'm trying to do. He recommended a breakfast smoothie which I find absolutely rejuvenates me. Whiz in a blender:

2 C. raw milk
    1 T. protein powder
    1 heaping T. greens powder
    (I use Kyo-Green)
    1 T. cocoanut oil
    flavoring
    (he suggests 1-2 T. chocolate rice protein powder but I couldn't find it so I use soy protein and vanilla extract)
    1 tsp. coral calcium powder (I can't take calcium in the morning - issues with thyroid med - so I take a supplement later)
    banana (I freeze mine)
    stevia to taste
    And I feel even better if I add
    1 T. brewers yeast for the B vitamins.

Obviously you can play with this. Sometimes I substitute a T. of frozen orange juice concentrate for the vanilla. I put a raw egg in one time. I'm going to try pomegranate juice instead of the milk one day. My weight and my blood glucose numbers are both going down and if I feel any better, they'll have to tax me!

Thread Information