Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 7 Unhealthy Diet Foods

Default Re: 7 Unhealthy Diet Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    Actually, it doesn't sound like a good choice to me. Better to cook your own food from scratch.
    This is what I interpreted that Catrice was saying when I read the rest of her comment after the selected quote. She emphasises the need to choose whole foods. Frozen meals can also be those you have prepared yourself and put in the freezer until they are needed.

[QUOTE=mellowsong;35867]Flavored yogurts are full of sugar or artificial sweeteners. Unless it is actual fruit added, most of the flavors themselves are artificial.

Hi mellowsong; Nothing could be simpler than to buy plain unflavored (preferably full fat) yogurt and add your own fresh berries. I know it can be difficult to find plain (and especially full fat) yogurt in some super markets. As you stated, they seem to want to just sell you the sweet flavored artificial stuff.

And the same can also work great if you make your own frozen yogurt at home with an ice cream machine using fresh or frozen berries and adding raw stevia. You can also add your own other ingredients like vanilla, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, etc.; all available organic, like the Frontier brand. I can't find that kind of frozen yogurt anywhere, at least not where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by grulla View Post
    Hi mellowsong; Nothing could be simpler than to buy plain unflavored (preferably full fat) yogurt and add your own fresh berries. I know it can be difficult to find plain (and especially full fat) yogurt in some super markets. As you stated, they seem to want to just sell you the sweet flavored artificial stuff..
    I can't even find the post you are quoting from because it was months ago. However, I was referring to store bought yogurts when i was saying "flavored" etc. As to buying store bought yogurt, they are a farce....organic or otherwise. Most are only fermented a few hours, then filled with fillers and flavors etc. Even in the ones that still have living probiotics, there are very very few. Making at home is definitely a better option.

hilaryjohnson

Diets were given an overall heart-healthy score based on how frequently people ate healthy foods like fruits and vegetables. If you switch diets, it can cause withdrawal symptoms and less ability to deal with stress, which might send the dieter back to unhealthy foods.

[QUOTE=Katee;32196][FONT=Georgia]By Reader's Digest Editors

Diet soda

Though it has fewer calories and less sugar than regular soda, diet soda may actually keep you from losing weight. New research suggests that dieters who choose to drink diet soda may actually add weight instead of losing it.

(The other headings are):

Smoothies

Artificial sweeteners

Light salad dressings

Processed diet foods and snacks

Flavored yogurt

Baked chips

I liked your information. Thanks for sharing . Diet is most important to maintain your weight loss.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information