Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cannot eat these

Default Re: cannot eat these

Mellow, do you think it possible that kids who are allergic to peanuts are really reacting to aflatoxin?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Mellow, do you think it possible that kids who are allergic to peanuts are really reacting to aflatoxin?
    Reactions to aflatoxins are basically due to poisoning not allergy although in some people the symptoms could overlap and in a few, there could be an actual allergy to the mycotoxin, rather than to the peanut itself. However, I'd say the vast majority are actually allergic to peanuts. Everyone has different threshholds of sensitivity to toxins and a lot depends on the body's ability to detoxify.
    Allergy: Itching, hives/rash, sneezing, difficulty breathing, facial swelling, facial or generalized redness
    Aflaxtoxin: Brain fog, confusion, headaches, extreme fatigue, anxiety, palpitations, vision changes, swollen/painful lymph glands, joint and muscle pain and lots more. If a person is very sensitive and/or cannot detoxify aflatoxin, chronic low dose exposure (below the levels set as safe) can lead to cancer, seizures and liver failure.

For me, I get headaches, pain levels go through the roof, feel profoundly weak, bloating, flushing, palpitations. It took some experimenting to figure out what was causing it. So, to me, it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reesacat View Post
    StephenX, what subject(s) do you teach?
    I usually teach biology and botany. I also give talks on Civil War topics. I give herbal walks, birding walks, mushroom and edible wild plant walks. Teach folks how to track and make snares.

Could my achy leg muscles be from wheat? I ate Christmas cookie dough/cookies!

You could be reacting to the gluten in the flour: but gluten reactions are usually gastrointestinal . Statins cause muscle pain and is helped by ubiquinol (the form of CoQ10 one should take when over 40). I do not know if it would help general leg pain; but it might be worth a try. 100 milligrams a day for a week then drop off to 50. I get my supplements from Swanson's Vitamins. They have a wide variety of products.

The gluten may have interfered with magnesium absorption and a low magnesium could be a possible cause of leg muscle aches.

I get my supplements from iherb Stephen (I have not had any of the delivery problems mellow was mentioning in another thread) and recently did a check of those I use against Swanson. I found that although the prices were comparable, Swanson carry very few of the products I use. For instance Swanson have 315 Source Naturals products in comparison to iherb having 755 Source Naturals products and most of the ones I want were among ones I can get from iherb but not from Swansons.

Gluten sensitivity can cause much more than GI reactions — the newer wheats are much higher in protein and are wreaking havoc on people who are sensitive.
    Chronic muscle-skeletal pain is a common reaction to gluten.
    Migraines, rashes, thyroid problems, seizures, balance problems, loose teeth, gall bladder and liver problems, infertility, reflux, etc. etc. can have gluten intolerance as underlying cause.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenX View Post
    I usually teach biology and botany. I also give talks on Civil War topics. I give herbal walks, birding walks, mushroom and edible wild plant walks. Teach folks how to track and make snares.
    I would so enjoy the herbal walks and edible wild plant walks. I was able to take a few classes on herbs before I got ill and really enjoyed it. Right now I grow a few herbs for culinary uses and to tuck into flower arrangements.

Stephen I'd forgotten about this post and had someone in the ER not to long ago that told me they were allergic to avocados. I was shocked, because I love them so.... So sorry to hear that you are unable to eat them. For me it's MSG and soy, which is really not bad at all since I want to avoid that garbage anyway.

KKItalia

Default oh its great

Your comment is very good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information