Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aloe Reverses Skin Aging

Default Aloe Reverses Skin Aging

Sayer Ji
    28 February 2012

There is plenty of research that indicates that the unnaturally accelerated aging process associated with modern living and/or natural environmental exposures such as excessive ultraviolet radiation (photaging), can be slowed. In fact, over 150 natural substances have been indexed on the GreenMedInfo.com project with demonstrable “anti-aging,” or if you prefer, “longevity-promoting” properties.

Of the 69 natural substances indexed on GreenMedInfo.com of potential value in skin aging, aloe is one of the most compelling substances, and works from the inside out.

Read more: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/res...m_medium=email

Default Re: Aloe Reverses Skin Aging

I keep organic aloe vera juice in a sprayer. Use it before bed on my face. Feels really gooood.

Veteran Member

I've got an aloe plant on my balcony. It has little babies every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattypans View Post
    I've got an aloe plant on my balcony. It has little babies every year.
    I tried to grow aloes for years. Being the plant guy, I always took the best care of them. The plants always withered and died. Then, one day, an epiphany, an aloe plant fell off the porch and laid unattended for four months. When I found it, it was a beautiful lush plant. Now I grow them in the house. Poor light, no fertilizer, no water. Just ignore them and they will flourish.

For most house plants, benign neglect works best!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Years ago I read that aloe vera is the only thing found so far that actively repairs DNA. I don't remember the source. I used to drink a lot of aloe vera juice and have gotten out of the habit. Today, thanks to this article, I picked up some aloe vera gel (edible sort) at Whole Foods Market.

Stephen, I have always grown my aloe in the shade. I do have to give it some water occasionally in summer, but we probably have much higher temps than you do. It hates being cold and wet, but is OK with cold weather if I don't water it.

Veteran Member

I've never seen aloe vera inside. Didn't know it would survive. But I think Islander's right about the benign neglect principle. A few years ago when I was gone for a month, my son came once a week to water the plants, both inside and outside on the covered balcony. I suspect he overwatered for fear of not having watered frequently enough, or something. My bamboo got brown tips on the leaves and has never gotten rid of them, and one of my favorite outdoor plants died. It had survived almost total pruning previously, several times, and come back in great shape. But this time it died. That was sad.

And on my last 10-day absence, an indoor plant I really like was, I believe, the victim of overwatering. My husband is usually pretty good with plants, but it's funny: There are a few that I take care of, and I can tell what they like. This one did well when I let it start to droop, and then watered it, but not till it was swimming. I knew it wasn't in danger of being over-watered that way. But my husband thought I shouldn't let it get droopy. I'm guessing he watered it in my absence before the droopy stage. Anyway, it may not make it, unless it can rise like the Phoenix, because it looks like its few remaining leaves are going to have to go.

I woder how much actual aloe vera juice you would have to take to get those doses. Mine is very bitter - what do they do to make it edible?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    I woder how much actual aloe vera juice you would have to take to get those doses.
    From the article: "Keep in mind that 3,600 mg of aloe a day is not what you would call a “megadose,” as it is a little less than a teaspoon. 1,200 mg is only a quarter of a teaspoon, and in fact, according to the study, may actually be superior to the higher dose at improving facial elasticity; less is sometimes more, one can assume."

Veteran Member

There's a book about curing cancer with a liquid made from fresh aloe vera gel (harvested after I don't remember how many dry days), honey, and some sort of distilled alcohol. In the book the author describes cases, most of which sound as though what happened to the patient was a major detox.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattypans View Post
    From the article: "Keep in mind that 3,600 mg of aloe a day is not what you would call a “megadose,” as it is a little less than a teaspoon. 1,200 mg is only a quarter of a teaspoon, and in fact, according to the study, may actually be superior to the higher dose at improving facial elasticity; less is sometimes more, one can assume."
    I saw that, and somehow assumed it was an extract or something - not just straight juice. Don't know why I thought that - probably because most studies use extracts rather than straight products

The label on what I bought states "aloe vera gel, dietary supplement, inner fillet." Tastes like crap but I've never liked the taste of aloe which is probably why I got out of the habit of taking it. If I can take a spoon of cod liver oil I can take a spoon of aloe gel (and bitch about it).

Forgive me; but I like orange juice (with pulp). I have to drink some before I eat any eggs, or I get a day long stomach ache. I put two ounces of aloe juice in my orange juice. It still tastes like orange juice and I get a good dose of aloe without its questionable taste.

Aloe does go down much better with juice but I'm a bit lazy about making it because I hate cleaning the damn juicer. I'd drink several glasses of homemade juice per day if I could.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information