Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Me Train Ddoctors

Default Re: Help Me Train Ddoctors

Quote Originally Posted by Pattypans View Post
    Highlander, oh dear! Are you sure it was the baking soda? Looks like I might have to rethink this. Did he use it plain, or in combination with salt and/or hydrogen peroxide?
    No, I'm not sure; but I strongly suspect it. When I met him he was brushing his teeth daily with baking soda (alone). I told him that I didn't think he should use it every day because it might be too abrasive for his teeth. We got in an argument about it. (He was 33 and I was 21 at the time. I think our age difference played a part in him not believing me. He did eventually stop using it.) Fast forward to a couple years ago when he went for a dental check up. He and the dentist talked quite a while about his worn enamel. The dentist asked my husband if he ate a lot of acidic food because it was remarkable how bad his enamel was worn. The dentist said my husband needed veneers on all of his teeth (costing thousands of dollars which we can't afford).

Default Re: Help Me Train Ddoctors

Mellowsong,

I didn't even consider baking soda other than Arm and Hammer. That is all I use. Clarification here, I do not use the baking soda/salt/silver or peroxide paste as a rule on a daily basis. I usually prefer a non-fluoride toothpaste with xylitol in it. The BS mixture is for people with gingivitis and loose teeth. I would not suggest it for daily use over a life time. Although I do keep 35% food grade peroxide (yes, I harp on food grade) diluted 1 in 16 in water to spray on my teeth and gums before I brush. This keeps me from developing plaque and keeps my teeth white.

Highlander,

I would suspect the Pepsis were the culprit behind your husband's enamel damage. The stuff acts like acid to teeth. When you dissolve baking soda in a liquid, it loses most of it's abrasive quality. It is its high pH that is effective against bacteria.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information