Thread: Hcg diet warning

Default Hcg diet warning

Much confusion has resulted from the FDA's placing a "stop" order on the manufacture and sale of HCG diet formulas. This action has led to several unanticipated and unfortunate consequences.

First, and most important, the company selling HCG1234 has changed its formulation in compliance with FDA rules; despite the product's name, it no longer contains any HCG hormone. Quite a few people have reported adverse reactions to the new formulation, some of them severe. The problem is, nowhere on the product nor on the site is this information provided. Customer are led to believe that they are in fact buying HCG. They are not. Avoid this product. It is dangerous.

Second, with this action the FDA has applied the Unalterable Law of Unintended Consequences. By taking the only safe, proven weight loss formula off the market, they have put the companies that carried it into the position of promoting a VLCD (very low calorie diet) without the actual hormone that made it safe and effective. 500-calorie diets are dangerous and simply do not work; the body goes into starvation mode; muscle tissue is consumed; metabolism shuts down. Please, do not attempt a VLCD.

Finally, a few firms still carry the authentic HCG formula. The catch is, they are not advertising it as a weight-loss aid, so technically they are in FDA compliance. Finding authentic sources has now become quite a challenge, however.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Hcg diet warning

Are you able to list those authentic sources for HH members and other interested parties?

There are supposedly several, but this is the only one I'm sure of. http://www.officialhcgdietplan.com/
    Reesacat found their ingredients list and it does appear to be authentic. It's the one my neighbor used to drop almost 100 pounds.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Katee found this company and will be trying their product — they have real HCG in therapeutic doses, not homeopathic dilutions, in their drops.

http://www.bottled-hcg-diet.com/

Big Bear, CA (tiny town in the mountains)

I want to add a further warning. I had a bad reaction to just 3 doses of the fake hCG. (Symptoms i remember were being shaky, light-headed, brain-fog, unable to drive.) The bottle i was sold looked like an hCG product - and i didn't read the label.

I was very angry with the nutritionist who sold this to me. When i complained to her, she tried (with a very patronizing tone) to tell me that the fake hCG and the homeopathic hCG are "essentially the same" because of amino acids used, etc. I didn't let her get away with that and told her they were NOT the same because i don't have a negative response to the real hCG. (She did thank me for giving her feedback on the product. I'm still out $50.)

The same day i complained to the nutritionist, one of the patients in our office informed us that the fake hCG from the 1234 company gave her classic symptoms of stroke. She was checked out by her doctor and the symptoms faded as the stuff cleared her system. She brought the bottle into the office and it looks almost identical to what the office manager and i had bought 6-9 months ago (June 2011 and Sept 2011). The office manager said, "Yes that's the same." But it was not. The ingredient label was different, tho the packaging looked the same.

This is the same company that had told Mellowsong that they had not been notified by the FDA they would have to change, so they did not plan to change their formula. But they did change their formula and their website has not changed in any way to reflect this change. I had a long email discussion with them about fraudulent marketing. They claim that even tho their product no longer contains hCG, they have built up a "positive reputation" and that the hCG1234 is their brand name and so even tho it no longer contains hCG (and this is not stated on their website in any place that is easily accessible) that they are not fraudulent and they are complying with the FDA standards.

So, the FDA took a product that was essentially safe and effective that did not have significant side effects off the market, and it has now been replaced with a product that looks the same in packaging, but is no longer safe or effective, and has the potential for significant negative side effects. Thanks so much, useless government lackey. You have encouraged fraud in this market.

I did find the website of a product that still contains real hCG (listed above). After the experience with the 1234 company, however, i will never order from any company again without checking that as of the day i order the stuff the formula has not changed. Evidently it is possible/legal to change a formula 100% without notifying any of the clientele such a change has been made.

Thread Information